Private Pilot Licence
- Must be 14 years to solo
- Must be 17 years for the issue of the Licence
- Applicant must hold a Category 3 medical
- Applicant shall have acquired in aeroplanes, not less than 45 hours flight time
- Applicant must have a total of 17 hours dual instruction which shall include: 5 hours instrument flying time & 3 hours cross-country flying time
- Applicant must have a total of 12 hours solo flight time which shall include: 5 hours cross country flight time a flight of not less than 150 nm with at least 2 stops (other than departure)
- Applicant must obtain not less than 60% on Transport Canada exam
- Applicant shall have completed 40 hours of ground school and 10 hours of flight training
- Applicant must pass a flight test with a designated flight test examiner
- Applicant must have completed 35 hours of flight training prior to admission to flight test
- This license allows a pilot to fly day VFR, anywhere in the world.
- The number of passengers is determined by the type of aircraft.
- Additional privileges and endorsements may be added to this license.
- Instructor $65 /hour
- Cessna 152 $132 /hour
|45 hours ground school||354.00|
|Ground school books and supplies||280.00|
|Pre-flight briefings 11 hours||715.00|
|Dual Instruction 33 hours C152||6501.00|
|Solo practice 12 hours C152||1548.00|
|Flight test **||520.00|
|Medical exam **||180.00|
|TOTAL:||$10,409.00 + HST|
** Includes Transport Canada processing fee
^ Administration fee includes PSTAR exam, issue of Student Pilot Permit, exam and issue of Radio Operator’s Certificate – Aeroplane, Aviation Language Test, Private Pilot Licence application processing.
NOTE: All instruction satisfies Canadian Aviation Regulations minimum requirements and is only an estimate. Prices subject to change without prior notice.
Prices as of January 2017